Monday, October 24, 2011

Finding the Sunshine

I've often joked that optimism is just in my blood; after all, my blood type is B+. Occasionally things will come along that will bring me down, but it usually doesn't take long for me to bounce back up.

Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes the other day. They helped, and once again life is doing much better. My mom made a comment on my last post, saying "today is inherently going to be better - because you'll find the sunshine - you always do. :)"

I did find sunshine. These were some of my sunshines:


My car is up and running again!! I'm seriously so happy that it passed safety and emissions and I was able to register it again. Now we just have to get my fiance's car fixed...
Did you know that true love came complete with tickle fights, thumb wars, ballroom dancing, jokes, academic conversations, shameless flirting and compliments, glidging, Lincoln Logs, Pokemon battles, hiking, and more? (He even helps with dishes when I get behind on them! Which happens a lot...) I absolutely had no clue what it was going to be like falling in love with this man, or what I was getting myself into. Love is different than how I had pictured it, and definitely for the better.
The temple is reserved, plans are falling into place, and the date is getting closer and closer. I'm marrying the love of my life and I couldn't be happier! Now, if only weddings would plan themselves...
The literal sunshine. It's been so warm and sunny lately that you almost can't help but feel happy inside. It makes me want to dance and sing and run and play and just ENJOY living! So I do :)

 
 My beautiful, beautiful, amazing little sister :) She came down to visit for the weekend and spending time with her and feeling her love was SPLENDID! I wish I could have spent more of that time with her, but I'm so grateful for the time I got.

There are so many more. Friends that have helped, family, and the many, many small pleasures that life offers. I'm grateful for a fiance that truly loves and cares about me, that has stood beside me every step of the way (since I met him), for both his and my family for their love and support, and for my friends that have never given up on me. I'm grateful for laughter, thumb wars, tickle fights, and smoothies. I cannot count the innumerable things the Savior has blessed me with.

Here's to looking for the sunshine! 




No comments:

Post a Comment