Monday, October 10, 2011

Change

It seems like the only consistency to life is change. It's almost like God's way of making sure we have to rely on Him and forcing us to trust that He has greater plans in store for us. Sometimes understanding why things are happening the way they are is completely beyond us. We just can't see why things are the way they are while we're in the moment of things.

I guess where I'm going with this is how huge the changes in my family's lives have been. While not all of the changes have not been bad, change is still something that throws us off by a lot.

My parents are now divorced.
My mom moved to South Weber has started attending college at Weber State University (and is getting straight A's! I'm so proud of her!! She's extremely stressed out all the time now, though) and is trying to get into a competitive nursing program.
My older brother is shipping out to the Marines in a week.
I'm getting married in 9 weeks, and I'm going to be going through the temple to get my endowments in 7 weeks. Definitely not a bad change, but I'm not going to lie. It's slightly scary since I have no idea what to expect. It's also very exciting though :)
My younger siblings have all moved to South Weber with my mom. This means they had to leave all of their friends here, since they now live 2 - 2 1/2 hours away. They're not going to the same schools anymore, have to make new friends, and my younger sister is learning how to drive... Their whole lives have just gone topsy turvy.

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm 100% comfortable with all of the changes in my life. I honestly feel like one of the only stable aspects of my life that I can rely on without doubt is my fiance.

However, with all the changes going on in my family's lives, I can go back to the words of Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Come What May and Love It."


No comments:

Post a Comment