Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Comparing Years

Last year, I went to the Stadium of Fire with my friend Shannon. It was my first time ever going, and it was AMAZING :) I loved it.

This year, I went on a walk to find a good view of the fireworks with Andrew. The view we found was gorgeous!! After the display he asked if I would be ok with him introducing me to people as his girlfriend.

Last year, I had a cupcake for my birthday with 18 candles on it, which that many candles on a cupcake = crazy. They were melting each other left & right!! Some of them were even trick candles. I spent all day with my family, and loved every minute.

This year, I actually somehow didn't get a cake. This is ok, since I was pretty much sugared out already. I started and ended the day with my boyfriend, and spent time with friends & family in between while he was at work. He took me out to dinner, and was kind enough to not tell anyone it was my birthday. Someone else in the restaurant had their birthday that day, & got sang to. My "cake" was fried ice cream.

Last year, I was just turning 18, living at home, & not sure where life was going to take me.

This year, I'm living on my own with my family about to move to South Weber, the furthest away I've ever been from them.

Last year if you had asked me if I was going to be in a relationship one year later, I would have said that I doubted it, but I would have secretly been hoping for it. I would have added that there was absolutely no one that I could see as being even potential for a relationship.

If you were to ask me if I would still be in a relationship one year from now today, I'd tell you I sure hope so. Because the thing about relationships is that there are only two results that can come from them. Marriage or a break up. If you think about it, that's just how it is. It either works or it doesn't. There is no third option.

Last year, I didn't want to be in a singles ward because they seemed slightly intimidating.

This year, I am in a singles ward and enjoy it a lot!

Funny, isn't it, how much can change in just a year?

No comments:

Post a Comment