Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stadium of Fire 2010

So, a few days ago, my friend asked if I could go to the Stadium of Fire with her. Her parents were paying for tickets, they had one extra ticket, and she was able to invite a friend. It was my first time EVER going! It was absolutely amazing!

Can I just say how amazing it is to live in Utah? The Stadium of Fire opened with an INVOCATION. An OPENING PRAYER. I couldn't believe it! It was amazing! Then, the National Anthem, Honoring of the Troops, and then repeating the Pledge of Allegiance. After the Pledge, 4 fighter jets flew overhead, and then they came on live to commend all Eagle Scouts, whom they then held a court of Honor for, opened by the oldest eagle scout still living.

As if that's not cool enough! Then it got to the music and entertainment. :)

It started off with dancers, had musical numbers by Jenny Oaks Baker, Eric Dodge, The 5 Browns, and The Osmonds 2nd Generation. They all sounded absolutely fantastic! Jenny's group did a Medley of different songs, part of which included the Simplicity of Life, which I sang for Graduation with A Capella. The 5 Browns did a Star Wars Medley, and then The Osmonds 2nd Generation did an "I Believe I Can Fly" medley. (I don't know why I can't remember what Eric sang. Sorry, Eric.)

They were followed by Carrie Underwood, who sang several of her Greatest Hits - including "Before He Cheats", "All-American Girl", "Wasted", "Temporary Home","Jesus Take The Wheel", "Some Hearts", and several others. She was amazing! While I was recently on a trip to Ohio, I heard Miley Cyrus performing "Live" on TV. She didn't sound all that great to me. And yet, when Carrie sang, it blew me away. She is an AMAZING artist! I loved her music!

Music was followed by fireworks and flames. When the fire came on, I could feel the warmth from where I was sitting, and the fireworks, so close, so beautiful, so amazing. Loud, yes, but definitely worth it. This was followed by the dancers doing some neat stuff in the shape of the United States, with flashlights making them glitter like stars. It was very well done, and amazing. More fireworks, then we left.

I have to say, I was very impressed with the show. It was my first time ever going, like I said, and I have to say, I was very pleased with how well it turned out. So, if you're ever in Utah near the 4th of July, I have to say, check out the Stadium of Fire. With fantastic music that varies for every concert, and a wonderful firework display, and a special honoring of the troops & Eagle Scouts out there, it was an event well worth attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment