Saturday, July 3, 2010

Not Quite An Independence Day Baby

Growing up, my mom always told me that I was an almost Independence Day baby. She went into false labor with me on the 4th of July. She often teased that I was terrified of the fireworks, so I decided to wait exactly one week for good measure to avoid the fireworks before I was born. Always as a little girl, staring at the big, beautiful, and very noisy fireworks, I felt proud to even have ALMOST have been born on the 4th.

Though, I have to say, I picked a rather catchy birthday. Seven Eleven? It even rhymes, there's a gas station that gives away free mini Slurpee's on my birthday only, and it's an overall good day.

So, I'm not quite an Independence Day girl, but at least since I was "scared of the fireworks", I waited for another amazing day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment