Sunday, May 22, 2011

Aiming For "Best:"

Good, better, best.
Do not rest
Until your good is your better
And your better is your best.

I was reminded of that poem today when I went to church - not saying that I'm on the WRONG track, per se, but everyone can stand room for improvement. Today was one of those days that I got to have a slight reality check & realize some areas that I really need to work on & get back on track on in my life. So, during Sacrament meeting I went over For The Strength of Youth & marked it, read it, and set goals & commitments.

Now, it has been said that sharing your goals helps you keep them. So, here they are:
  • Focus on & prioritize giving a full tithe & fast offering
  • Pray morning & night daily (I struggle to remember to pray in the mornings)
  • Read the scriptures for at least 10 minutes a day.
  • Continue Indexing! Try to do a batch a week, possibly.
  • Be organized & clean (both with workspace/bedroom, & clean & nice in appearance)
    • Cleanliness is close to Godliness
  • D&C 90:24
Timed Goals:

1 Week:
  • Find another job for during the day
  • Have the above listed behaviors put into play
  • Limit FB usage so that I am using my time in a more frugal manner.
1 Month:
  • Have a figured out budgeting plan & be following it
  • Find a source of income for all of my needs (Insurance, Orthodontics, Rent, etc)
  • Have a savings plan
  • Consider deactivating FB account if you are still struggling with wasting time on it.
  • Evaluate goals & adjust if needed.
1 Year:
  • Have enough money to return to school.
  • Continue evaluating goals & adjusting if needed on a monthly basis.
2 Years:
  • Prepare for a mission if you are not pursuing a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment