Friday, April 29, 2011

Shannon

This morning my friend Shannon and I went to go celebrate her getting her Associates Degree. She chose not to walk at graduation today, since she had worked for 12 years to get her High School diploma, and only spent one year in college for her Associates (thanks to her taking 30 hours of college credits in High School) - honestly, I am SO proud of her!!! :)

Shannon is also the one that helped me fix up my blog - added background, specially designed the photo for the top of my blog, and even helped me add an HTML link to add a music playlist. She is AMAZING, and one of my best friends.

Meeting Shannon was quite the interesting experience. She bumped into me at the library one day (LITERALY)...
I was sitting down at one of the tables the library has so that I could read a book I had found there. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a girl I didn't recognize start spinning around the library... and then she accidentally spun into me. A short pause, in which I didn't know what to say, was quickly ended when she said, "Hey! I'm Shannon. Do you know Chris?"
"Um, yeah. I do. Why?"
"Oh, I've just seen you guys together sometimes, and I'm good friends with him." The ice having been broken, we started chatting for a bit, and then became friends. One week later, she invited me over to her house. I called home, and much to my surprise, I was given permission to go play. I was surprised and yet delighted to discover that Shannon had absolutely no chagrin in playing Legos when she was a Junior in high school. A few hours later found us in her room "spilling guts", and we have been close friends ever since. If that isn't an unusual way to meet someone, or a super quick establishment of a friendship, I don't know what is...

Anyway, I just wanted to give a shout out to one of my best friends, who got her Associates today :) I am so proud of her! She's helped me through more than I would have ever thought possible the day she bumped into me at the library. Have a wonderful day, Shan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment